The I AM She conceptualized by Sushmita Sen, now is in its second year., embodies her vision for the spirit of the Indian woman and personifies the combination of beauty and intelligence that defines the 21st century winners of the Miss Universe pageant.
After having received over 1800 entries it was 40 participants that were invited to the auditions and were judged by a panel consisting of Jackky Bhagnani, Aditi Gowitrikar, Joy Datta and Sushmita Sen herself.
Tabulated and confirmed by the official auditors, Stany Saldanha and Associates, it was a lucky 20 that were being unveiled. These young women, from metro’s and smaller cities across
I AM She 2011 Finalists:
1. Ana Chawdhry - Age – 20 - City –
2. Anvita Sudarshan - Age – 20 - City – Mumbai
3. Bobby Layal - Age – 20 - City –
4. Divya Chouksey - Age: 23 - City: Mumbai
5. Khushboo Mendonca - Age – 23 - City – Mumbai
6. Kiran Thappar - Age – 26 - City – Panaji
7. Madhvi Mahajan - Age – 24 - City –
8. Mala Salariya - Age – 22 - City – Mumbai
9. Niharica Raizada - Age – 25 - City –
10. Parul Duggal - Age – 23 - City –
11. Priyanka Chopra - Age – 23 - City – Noida
12. Ranju Singh - Age – 22 - City – Thane
13. Sabiha Attarwala - Age – 22 - City – Pune
14. Sakshi Bindra - Age – 20 - City –
15. Seep Taneja - Age – 22 - City – Jalandhar
16. Tanvi Singla - Age – 19 - City – Mumbai
17. Trishla Chandola - Age – 20 - City –
18. Vasuki Sunkavalli - Age – 26 - City –
19. Vijaya Dey - Age – 23 - City – Pune
20. Zoya Patel - Age – 22 - City – Pune
Speaking at the press conference Ms Sushmita Sen, Mentor and face of I AM She said: “I am honoured and privileged to acknowledge the continuous support in my endeavour in bringing the Miss Universe crown, yet again, to India. It is a proud moment and I stand tall, as I thank each of my sponsors and partners.
To prepare these 20 young women to meet their aspirations, a select lot of experts recognised for their work and contributions in their respective fields have started to work upon them.
The expert panel for I AM She 2011 are:
1. Lubna Adam, who will help them put their best foot forward
2. Sandip Soparrkar, who will bring a spring to their step
3. Purnima Mhatre, who will show them how to glow with a flawless skin
4. Pooja Makhija, who will educate them on eating right to help enhance their radiance
5. Nirmala Shetty, who will create the perfect shining tresses on which the crown shall rest
6. Dr. V. H. Gaba, who will bring a sparkle to their smile
7. Nupur Shikhare, who will show them the tricks to a perfectly chiseled body
8. Israar Khan, who will help them present a perfectly toned body
9. Rayed & Cherag, who will help them to radiate their glamorous persona
10. Rajat Tangri who will help them become stylish and chic diva’s
11. Joy Datta, who will educate them on how the camera captures beauty
12. Sushmita Sen, last but certainly not the least, will show them what it takes to be a winner!
The winners of I AM She 2011 will be women with a heart and a soul, as they support the I AM Foundation - the CSR vertical of I AM.
The pageant hopes to inspire the youth and ignite the nation's collective consciousness towards social issues such as child adoption, child education, women empowerment etc. For this purpose I AM Foundation will be tying up with NGO’s who support these causes. The finalists of I AM She 2011 will be working closely with these organizations and will be given targets that they will have to achieve for each of these causes as part of their social responsibility endeavours in the year ahead.
Copyright @ Mega MOdelz